Below you will find a list of our most frequently asked questions. We hope that the answers provided will be useful to you. However, if you have other questions not listed below please contact us
and we'll be happy to help.
Simply type in your model details into the search box present on our home page and press the search button. Once your model is found and you’ve selected the condition your phone is in, you will be able to get an instant value.
We aim to process payments for orders within a day of a device arriving on site. At times it is quicker than this but due to certain times of the year being busier then others we advise waiting a day. If you have decided to opt for a cheque payment then this will be with you within 3 working days.
We purchase phones based on three grading criteria (Excellent, Average and Non-Working) which we ask you to select from when processing your order with us. The criterion for each grade is listed on both the product page and in our terms and conditions.
The only time your device will received a revised offer is if the condition selected when placing your order does correspond with the device sent in. As way of example, Average is selected when placing your order, but when the device arrives on site it has a crack present on the LCD screen, this device would be provided with the current price we pay for a ‘Non-Working’ phone, as it doesn’t meet the conditions listed for an ‘Average’ condition phone.
To keep life simple we pay you the same amount of money for whatever colour your mobile or tablet is.
We do not accept stolen phones. We check all phones received on site via CheckMEND to ensure that phones are not barred or registered stolen. If anything is found to fail this check then until this bar is removed and CheckMEND confirm this we will not be able to return or process the device.
There is a rising number of counterfeit phones creeping into the domestic market. These look very comparable to genuine products but are illegally created and may prove to be dangerous to use due to not being tested or certified. We do not accept any non-genuine products.
There is no limit in regards to the amount of devices you can sell, we take on orders of all sizes and variations. If you have more then 10 devices to sell, we can arrange a courier collection. To organise this simply contact us.
Just the device and order number, however we would recommend sending it packaged in it’s original box if possible as the packaging is secure and will protect the device.
The International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number is a 15 digit serial number unique to each and every phone and is recorded in a worldwide database. You'll usually find it printed on the back of the handset or on the SIM tray of most phones.
If this is not the case you can get your phone to display it if you enter: *#06# A 15 digit number should be displayed.
It will speed up the payment process as we will be able to assign the device to your account quicker. It also allows us to check the status of the device via the blacklist checker
We will honour the price for 14 calendar days from your order process date. You can still send your device in after this timeframe without placing a new order, but the current pricing structure listed for the device you are sending in will apply.
Please check our ‘How It Works’ section on our website for an easy to follow set of instructions.
We offer a free service provided by Royal Mail. We recommend sending all devices in fully insured, this may incur a small surcharge depending on the value of your order. The cost of insurance will be displayed when you're booking your shipment in on Royal Mail's website.
Alternatively you can send your order using your own service and packaging. Simply address your parcel to:
Basepoint Business Centre
When your item is received you are automatically emailed to tell you it has arrived.
When a payment is processed, we send out an payment confirmation email.
We are unable to pay you for any items that do not arrive. If the order has been sent in via booking it in using our Royal Mail service we will need to file a claim, the amount of compensation will be based on what level of cover was purchased when booking in your shipment. Claims can only be filed after a 14 day period and the outcome may take up to 30 day’s to reach us due to Royal Mail investigating the matter thoroughly.
This happens very rarely but when it does it’s usually one of the following which has caused it:
- The item may have been lost in the post, please check the tracking information online.
- You may not have included the ORDER REFERENCE with your device, so we have no idea who has sent the device in - Please email us with the devices IMEI number or item's serial number and tracking reference.
- We may have the item and it was tested as faulty or an incorrect model. We will have emailed you information about this, please check your email (including your SPAM FOLDER!)
- The banking details provided are incorrect and hence the payment hasn’t reached you. Or if you’ve requested a cheque payment, the address is incorrect or the cheque has failed to be delivered.
We specialise in purchasing the latest smartphones, mobile phones, tablets and other electrical items. If an item is not listed on our site please give us a call to verify if we still buy that item.
We recommend you take note of your IMEI number in case there is a problem with your order. Your IMEI number can be found printed on the box itself.
Each mobile phone, tablet or MacBook sold to us should match the make and model in the sale order and meet the following conditions:
Brand New and Boxed
To receive the full value of your new mobile phone, tablet or MacBook is dependent on ALL of these conditions being met below:
- The item must be in perfect working order with NO faults and completely unused (deleted calls or data can still be located).
- The device must be original (UK/European spec) and meet the manufacturer's original specifications.
- The item should not be at any case a refurbished /reconditioned, an insurance replacement or a counterfeit.
- The item should not have its sim or memory card glued in.
- If it's a mobile phone, there must be no calls or "personal data" saved on the phone and call timer must be zero.
- All phones should have no calls have been made or received or else phone is classified as used.
- The item must not have any marks or scratches on the body or screen.
- All protective screen seals must not have ever been removed and show no signs of use.
- The box of the item should be of original manufacturer, not generic or white box and it should not be damaged, ripped or damaged in any way.
- The IMEI or serial number on the box must match that on the device (damaged or missing IMEI stickers or serial numbers are not permitted).
- All unopened accessories (battery, mains charger, headphones) and user manuals etc. must be supplied, original and be completely unused and brand new.
- The memory card, stylus, etc. should be included if one was supplied by the manufacturer of service provider.
If you submit a sale order with an item that you have classed as "Brand New Boxed" and we test and find that the item is not "brand new boxed", we shall tell you this and supply you with the fault reason(s) and a revised price for your item by e-mail & text. You will have 5 calendar days to accept or decline our offer by emailing us with subject Accept/Decline Revised Price. If you do not reply within 5 calendar days we shall process your order at the revised price.
If you request an item back that has failed testing (previously classified by you as brand new boxed) we can return it at your own cost.